Huanglo Yao is a village located in the south of China. The village women are known for their very long and healthy hair. Their hair is so remarkable, they even have a reputation of the World’s Longest Hair Village by the Guinnes Record!
And what’s mostly impressing: when they age, their natural black hair color doesn’t turn grey. Well, what’s the secret behind it?
The women use fermented rice water to keep their hair long, dark and clean. Fermenting is a proces to make food last longer. This was done a lot in the past -before the invention of refrigerators and freezers.
The benefits of fermented rice water for your hair:
- It makes your hair long and smooth.
- It nourishes your hair and hair follicles with water soluble vitamines and minerals, proteins and amino acids.
- It contains a lot of B-vitamins which stimulates the production of black pigment.
- It increases the elasticity.
- It protects your hair.
- It recovers the pH balance.
- It stimulates a healthy growth.
- It improves your hair condition.
How to make Yao fermented rice water
What you need:
|1 cup organic white rice|
|3 cups of water|
|peels from 2 limes|
|2-3 tablespoons tea seed powder|
|a clean jar|
- Rinse the rice to remove dirt.
- Add the water and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rub the rice between your hand palms for about 5 minutes, until the water turns white.
- Drain the water into the saucepan, and add the lime peels and the tea seed powder.
- Boil it for 5 minutes.
- Let the rice water cool down completely, and transfer it to the jar.
- Leave it 2 weeks to ferment.
How to use Yao fermented rice water
Use the fermented rice water every three days. During winter, use it only once a week.
- Shake the jar before using.
- Pour the rice water over your head and hair -take as needed.
- Leave it in for 20 minutes.
- Then massage your scalp for 2 minutes
- Rinse with cold water -yeah, even during winters.